This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Template Workflow Assignment

We have a workflow for document templates.  Part of this workflow involves an assignment to an admin.  If someone then uses the template while it's in this state, the Assigned to and Assignment Description get automatically copied to their new document as is the case for any property on a template.  Obviously we do not want this.  Is there a way to exclude properties from automatic copying for templates?  I can easily come up with a scripted solutions but looking for something more elegant.

• I don't believe there is currently a configuration option to decide which properties should get dropped, we have an open improvement request on this (ID 14347). I've added you as a requester.

A scripted solution may be the easiest option here. Other options that came to mind (for instance using Version Control Lite to manage the working copy of the template) would require larger configuration and process changes.