The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Best way to see if licenses are used in M-Files

Hi M-Files Community

I have a question regarding how to check if our licenses to M-Files is used or not. In some other programs I have the possibility to generate a rapport that shows when was the last time that an user logged into the system. Is there something similar in M-Files where I can get access to see when a licensed user last logged into M-Files/the user last time uploaded a document. 

The logic is so that I can either clean up in our licenses or move users from a named user license to a read-only license if that don't need/use the added functionality. 

Best Regards

Anders

Parents
  • Currently there is no official solution for this. The logins are recorded to the vault event log but you would need to extract the needed information yourself, perhaps using the Log Exporter module to get the logs out of the vault for analysis with third-party tools (if your license includes that module). Another option might be an event handler that stores the login times somewhere (for instance as vault objects) so you would eventually have enough information.

Looking forward, we are planning to bring license utilization figures into M-Files Manage. At the moment M-Files Manage is only used with vaults hosted on the new M-Files Cloud but it will also start supporting on-premises environments in the future.

• Currently there is no official solution for this. The logins are recorded to the vault event log but you would need to extract the needed information yourself, perhaps using the Log Exporter module to get the logs out of the vault for analysis with third-party tools (if your license includes that module). Another option might be an event handler that stores the login times somewhere (for instance as vault objects) so you would eventually have enough information.

Looking forward, we are planning to bring license utilization figures into M-Files Manage. At the moment M-Files Manage is only used with vaults hosted on the new M-Files Cloud but it will also start supporting on-premises environments in the future.

Children
No Data