This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add File from Folder to existing Object

Hi Community, 

I have Files (outside of M-Files) in one Folder which should get continuously "imported" an attached/ updated to existing Objecttype-Datarecords (not Documents).

The Objecttype "Bills" retrieves its Data(records) from an external data source (SQL) and "can hold documents".

A pdf for example test123.pdf should get attached to the Object with Name or Title "test123".

How can I achieve this? Is there a way with M-Files Importer Tool?

Second thought: In VAF. Getting the File from folder and searching for the existing Object in VAF: ok so far. BUT how do I add the File to the Object? I could not find any documentation for this kind of uc.

Is this a reasonable way?

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

Best regards

Alex

Background: Why is "Bills" not a document-Class? In the first 1,5 years of production it was out of scope to get the actual pdfs to M-Files. It was only necessary to get the information about the pdf like Name / Date / Amount / Status etc from external System (SQL). Now the pdfs should be part of M-Files with the least amount of effort.

Parents Reply Children
No Data