The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New feature suggestion/wishes forum

Hi everyone, 

I am wondering why there is no forum area for suggestions/wishes in the new M-Files community. I found it very useful to share the problems and wishes with M-Files through the forum (in old forum there were an area for that). Often some of wishes were accepted and a tracking number would be created. It would good to have an overview about the progress on those requirements/wishes that were accepted (I had a couple of wishes "accepted" but do not have those tracking IDs anymore). 

It would be really great to share again wishes in the community and get a feedback from M-Files about those.

Br,

Dejan

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member

Hi Dejan, Noted! You are correct that we don't have an area feature feedback yet. This is something that we are looking into for our Community road map. Meantime, I would suggest contacting your Account Manager or reseller regarding the former tracking IDs that you mention.

I hope that helps somewhat! 

• When I write to the support I sometime get the answer that this request was added to improvement #.... 

This should be visible as a "My improvents" list and cause a e-mail notification "Will be available in April 2021 release" as soon as it is sure. Perhaps also: "Has been put on road map for release ..."

• I'm afraid we are not going to not put such listings in a public forums as M-Files is not an open source software. 

The fixed issues typically are listed in M-Files Release notes.but of course this list does not send any messages. 

• Would just be nice to be informed if there was already a support case where the new feature helps then. We also have to inform out customers then that we have a solution for that.

Complete feature planning may be secret, I understand. But I'm talking about features I have requested to receive at least an available-notice. Does not exist yet I know but is not that difficult to implement at a time when it fits in your roadmap

• It would be nice that features requested and accepted through the forum are also tracked/notified in the forum. Having some tracking list in forum for requested features would nice. Those could be notified to users who requested in forum.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to dejan

This is helpful feedback. Thanks, and !