The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Metrics on Video, Audio or large files and total files

Scenario:

I'm trying to create a business case to prevent users from being able to save large video files, such as Zoom video recordings to M-Files. Too often, users attend a meeting, record it on Zoom Cloud, and then for some reason want to save their boring 2 hour meeting on M-Files, where sadly I don't have a retention rule for these files. 

These files are massive, so I've created a notification rule to keep an eye on large files saved, which usually catches these video files. 

I've drafted a policy for our org, so these files will only be saved for maximum 12 months, but my IT Director has asked me to provide metrics for:

-how many video files saved to M-Files

-how many audio files saved to M-Files

-what's the total storage of the audio + video files in GB?

-what the total size of all files in M-Files? 

Question:

Can anyone please advise me how I do this? 

I haven't found a way to search by file type. I previously had my IT support build me a report to show me different file types saved over time, but I would like to present clean metrics to my IT Director to add weight to why our users should not be saving these transitory video files. Not to mention the privacy and risk these video files pose.