The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic metadata based on document scanning

Hi all,

I wanted to scan different types of documents and keep it in a network folder. M-Files will scan and perform ocr before importing it into M-Files.

Then, i would like to have all the metadata populated automatically so that the user will not have to check all the document again one by one.

For auto classification, we can achieve this by using M-Files Discovery. However, i am not sure on the auto metadata part.

The information extractor only suggest us the metadata but we need it to be automatically created.

I can only think of 1 option which is OCR source value configuration but this will only work if you are scanning same type of document with same layout. In this case, it will be different document, different layout and not sure whether we can retrieve the content as the metadata.