The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network Folder Connector

Hi

I would like to know if there is a prerequisite to install the network folder connector. Currently I am running M-Files 2018 and my vendor is telling me that I need to upgrade to M-Files Online to use the connector or else it will not work. He is also charging me $2200 for the same upgrade. Is the upgrade necessary or can I continue using M-Files 2018.

Thank you 

• Network Folder Connector (as well as the other repository connectors) require that you have a license for the Intelligent Metadata Layer (IML). This was available as a separate add-on for M-Files 2018 customers but is in most cases included in the M-Files Online subscription. So if you don't have IML in your current M-Files 2018 license then you need to upgrade to M-Files Online to use Network Folder Connector.

If you are unsure whether your license includes IML, you can check it from the server license under Additional modules:

Upgrading to M-Files Online will also bring other benefits which may be worth taking into your consideration.