This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network Folder Connector

Hi

I would like to know if there is a prerequisite to install the network folder connector. Currently I am running M-Files 2018 and my vendor is telling me that I need to upgrade to M-Files Online to use the connector or else it will not work. He is also charging me $2200 for the same upgrade. Is the upgrade necessary or can I continue using M-Files 2018.

Thank you 

Parents
  • Network Folder Connector (as well as the other repository connectors) require that you have a license for the Intelligent Metadata Layer (IML). This was available as a separate add-on for M-Files 2018 customers but is in most cases included in the M-Files Online subscription. So if you don't have IML in your current M-Files 2018 license then you need to upgrade to M-Files Online to use Network Folder Connector.

If you are unsure whether your license includes IML, you can check it from the server license under Additional modules:

Upgrading to M-Files Online will also bring other benefits which may be worth taking into your consideration.

• Network Folder Connector (as well as the other repository connectors) require that you have a license for the Intelligent Metadata Layer (IML). This was available as a separate add-on for M-Files 2018 customers but is in most cases included in the M-Files Online subscription. So if you don't have IML in your current M-Files 2018 license then you need to upgrade to M-Files Online to use Network Folder Connector.

If you are unsure whether your license includes IML, you can check it from the server license under Additional modules:

Upgrading to M-Files Online will also bring other benefits which may be worth taking into your consideration.

Children
No Data