The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Web UI | Cannot Reset Password

Hi Guys,

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to reset an M-Files User password via the New Web UI? Note, it is possible to reset password via the Old Web UI.

2. When we try to reset a password via the Old Web UI we received the attached error message. Has anyone ever come across this issue? Note, M-Files has ben updated to the latest version.

Regards

Adam

• Hi there, 

At least at my cloud test environment, the password change for a user can be found by clicking the name at the top right corner. A menu opens with password change text, clicking that opens a popup to change the password. This will apply when the M-Files account is used. 

In new web, you cannot currently do the password change. 

But at the other hand, usually business accounts are linked to the Active Directory user account and therefore the password is changed from elsewhere. Most likely, the feature will be there eventually. 

• I would definitely appreciate having the PWD change function in the new web UI. It's true that AD User sync is very common, but sometimes users do not have an AD account because they have a special function or are external users.

• That's something that is currently at the "drawing board" so it is not going to make it's way soon to the product, but eventually, as mentioned earlier. Meanwhile, the users can change the password by other ways:

1) From the Classic Web authentication screen

2) From the Classic Web user menu

3) From the M-Files Mobile app menu

4) From the M-Files Desktop user menu. 

• Guys - any update on when the 'Password Reset' functionality will make it's way to the New Web UI for M-Files (non-AD) Users? There is no 'ResetPassword.aspx' page available in vNext that I can see!

We're past the point of asking customers to go backwards to the Old Web UI for any functionality.