This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generate Public Link and Store into Property Definition

Hi all,

Is it possible to generate public link then it will be auto store in the property definition that we have configured ?

Parents
  • The API has the method CreateSharedLink so I think technically this should be possible with a little bit of scripting / VAF development, if you for instance want to generate the link in a certain workflow state. If you meant that the user would be creating the public link manually from the client and that it would THEN be automatically stored to a property, not sure if this is possible.

Update: It seems that the CreateSharedLink method cannot be called when the object is checked out as it might still change, so storing the link to a property might turn out to be more complicated than I initially expected. But that's the method to use anyway if some automatic generation of public links is needed.

• The API has the method CreateSharedLink so I think technically this should be possible with a little bit of scripting / VAF development, if you for instance want to generate the link in a certain workflow state. If you meant that the user would be creating the public link manually from the client and that it would THEN be automatically stored to a property, not sure if this is possible.

Update: It seems that the CreateSharedLink method cannot be called when the object is checked out as it might still change, so storing the link to a property might turn out to be more complicated than I initially expected. But that's the method to use anyway if some automatic generation of public links is needed.

Children
No Data