This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Groundlink monitoring

Does anyone of you have experience with the monitoring of Grounlink?

We have the case that regularly the refresh of objects just stop working.
This is an OLE DB Connection via Groundlink and no errors show up.

Parents
  • It can a bit of a challenge. Often you do not have access to the ground link proxy server because it is placed inside a confined domain. If so you need administrators within that domain to set up monitoring or at least give you temporary access. However, you should be able to find at least some sort of indication in the event log on the M-Files server.

There can be many reasons for a OLE DB connection to stop working. Assuming the Ground Link Connection is still open and functioning it may be a problem related to the external database, a timeout issue, a network problem and so on. I do quite often see errors but generally they seem to go away on the next attempt which happens automatically after a short period.
    If that is not the case you may be able to get indications by attempting to edit the connection configuration. Just go in there and test the connection without changing anything. If there is an error you may get some indication that points you in the direction of the problem.

• Thanks for your input.
    What we've experienced is that the refreshing just stops, so last refresh time is like a day ago.
    However, Groundlink is still up and running and no errors occur.

We would like to be able to monitor the last refresh time, but don't know if this is feasible somehow.

• Sounds weird. Usually there is an error logged on the M-Files server if something goes wrong.

If you right-click on the object type in Admin you can see Refreshing Status, and that shows a timestamp for last run. I am not sure where that piece of information is stored, but it should be possible to somehow retrieve it programmatically on scheduled basis and then trigger an alarm if the timestamp is too old compared to now(). Hope someone smarter than me can come up with ideas....

• Sounds weird. Usually there is an error logged on the M-Files server if something goes wrong.

If you right-click on the object type in Admin you can see Refreshing Status, and that shows a timestamp for last run. I am not sure where that piece of information is stored, but it should be possible to somehow retrieve it programmatically on scheduled basis and then trigger an alarm if the timestamp is too old compared to now(). Hope someone smarter than me can come up with ideas....

Children
No Data