The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Filter conditions to show only documents for employees profile that I'm working on

OK, I have a profile for each employee in our organisation.

There are specific key document types that should be matched to each employee's profile.

I built the PD for each of the document types, and this is on each employees profile. I filtered that only the specific document class is that is applicable.

Now I want to show that the document type will only show the documents for that employee's profile; i.e. I don't want to have to scroll down through the documents to find the document for that employee who's profile I'm on.

The purpose is that our HR staff will be instantly be able to see if there is a document for that employee, when they are on their profile, without having to spend time scrolling down entries. Is this possible?

Parents
  • This is often solved by using the Managed Properties module to automatically create the links to the key documents on the Employee metadata card.

1) You would configure the Managed Properties module so that it would use the Employee property on the document as the reference property. The managed property must be of type "Choose from list (multi-select)". Example rule:

2) When a document is added and tagged with the employee, Managed Properties will automatically fill the property on the Employee metadata card.

Now you can see which documents are already listed on the Employee object and which are still missing.

• This is often solved by using the Managed Properties module to automatically create the links to the key documents on the Employee metadata card.

1) You would configure the Managed Properties module so that it would use the Employee property on the document as the reference property. The managed property must be of type "Choose from list (multi-select)". Example rule:

2) When a document is added and tagged with the employee, Managed Properties will automatically fill the property on the Employee metadata card.

Now you can see which documents are already listed on the Employee object and which are still missing.

Children
No Data