Hubshare/M-Files

Hi,
I have been trying out the Hubshare plugin and managed to configure it correctly so that the administration of the hubes can be done through M-Files, Great!
Now to my question.

Has anybody managed to create Dynamic Widgets or somehow inherit the permissions from the objects in M-Files?

Let's say user works for Supplier A and we create a hub and a widget that show supplier documents from M-Files that are in a certain state (let's say approved)
So basically we set the filtering of the widget Class = Supplier Documents , Workflow Supplier Doc Worfklow, State Approved. All done and works well but the widget is not dynamic in any way shape or form. All Supplier docs in that state are now shown in the widget.

How can we limit the access to shown documents so user A who works for supplier A only see Supplier A documents and not other supplier documents?
Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hello,

This depends on your vault structure, but you could use some Hubshare prefill metadata.

Here is an example, if you manage to use groups, and there's a group for every supplier.

User A would be part of Hubshare Group "Supplier A"

You could then add a filter:

"Documents" / "Supplier" / then use a . instead of a = / Name or title / Switch to prefill and choose "User's groups"

Here it'll only display documents to users that are part of a group that has the same name as the "Customer" (but obviously could be Supplier)

This is one example, you could use another Hubshare prefill metadata, the e-mail of the logged in user as an example, to identify who is on the widget and make it match with one of the properties on M-Files.

Some of our users are doing it through contact person that matches the prefill e-mail, so that will limit access by checking who's logged in and if he is somehow related to documents. 

I hope the explanation was clear, you could have many different combinations depending on your vault.

• Hi,
    I think I have something to start with.
    Thank you for the help.

Reply Children
No Data