The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

breaking changes on update to nuget package 2.2.0.9

Hello,

I have a VAF application which has the following :
[list type=decimal]
  • Event Handlers

• Auto calculated properties

• Workflow state conditions

[/list]

I recently tried to update the nuget package of MFiles.VAF from 2.1.0.15 to 2.2.0.9 and it stopped working.
I get an error on calculation of auto calculated properties :

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'extension.GetPropertyCustomValue(...).Value'

Is there any other changes I need to make to upgrade to the latest version ?

I have checked the documentation :
developer.m-files.com/.../

I have updated the appdef.xml as follows :

type="server-application"
xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="">www.m-files.com/.../appdef-server-v3.xsd">
false

but that doesn't help me much as we are not using Configuration.

Note:
We do not use MFiles.VAF.Extensions
We have written our own extensions.

Thanks,
Shoeb

Parents
  • I cannot replicate your issue, dejan. I have just:

• Created a VAF 2.2 application from the VS template (directly). "Embed Interop Types" is set to False for the API reference.

• Created a VAF 2.1 application from the VS template, then upgraded it to VAF 2.2. "Embed Interop Types" is still set as False for the API reference.

Regards,

Craig.
  • Hi Craig,

I just had the same issue and luckily I came across this thread.

'Embed Interop Types' is magically set to True when you follow these steps:

- Create VAF 2.2 application from VS template, 'MFiles.VAF' NuGet package 2.2.0.10 is installed. ('Embed Interop Types' is set to False)

- Install the latest version of the 'MFiles.VAF.Extensions' NuGet package (1.2.11.5). This will automatically upgrade 'MFiles.VAF' package to 2.2.0.11. All fine by me.

- Now you have 'Embed Interop Types' automatically set to True...!!! Grimacing

When you first upgrade the 'MFiles.VAF' package to the latest 2.2.0.11 version and then install the extensions, the issue does not occur. Smile

• Okay, the order of things should not affect the embed interop types flag on the API.  That's something I potentially need to look at, thank you for letting me know .

That said: the way in which VAF 2.3 works is going to be a little different.  The actual API interop reference will now come from a new nuget package (Interop.MFilesAPI).  This is already in place with the VAF 2.3 (and VAF extensions 1.3) previews.

• Okay, the order of things should not affect the embed interop types flag on the API.  That's something I potentially need to look at, thank you for letting me know .

That said: the way in which VAF 2.3 works is going to be a little different.  The actual API interop reference will now come from a new nuget package (Interop.MFilesAPI).  This is already in place with the VAF 2.3 (and VAF extensions 1.3) previews.

Children
No Data