This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VBScript for auto numbering of properties

Hello,

I just want to ask for a script or function that can put a values on the sub objects that is also created by Vbscript.

For example i did a Vbscript if the status was changed to "Approved", it will create a new sub objects with the predefined properties.

For Example: If the document status changed to "Approved". It will automatically fill out one specific property that of the documents created by script.

The sequence will be from the 1st created sub objects by the script from Number (1) up to the last sub object created.

If the that status changed created like 50 sub objects through a script it will number it from 1 to 50. or sort of like a loo to fill the property.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hello,

You can use Sequences from CK for this. I think this is included in the CK Configuration Accelerators which is free.

Here is a screenshot for what should be configured:

Also, this can be done directly when you create the subobject, you need to search all subobjects, if no other suboject is found you add value 1, else check which the largest number in subobjects and increment it with 1.

Regards,

Radu

• Thank you for the response.

I'm getting an error if apply the utilities (sequences) after saving it.

"The following modules did not start properly: Utilities"

I copied on how you did it on your picture.

Reply Children