This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VBScript to send documents to URI from a workflow

Hi friends,

I would like some help regarding my requirement, I want to send documents to an electronic signature URI with some metadata so that the documents can be signed by that web service.

I have seen that for the workflows I can apply a VBScript that will send me the documentation, but I would like some help along the way to be able to carry out the flow and have a clearer picture.

The document should go to the URI and then in the next state the flow should check if the document is ready and bring it back.

Thank you for your cooperation

• Hello,

I think it will be pretty hard to do this via Workflow "Run Script" action with VBScript.

My suggestion is to built a VAF (The Vault Application Framework (m-files.com)).

For sure the electronic signature provider should have an integration API which can be leveraged in the VAF framework.

You will need in the VAF on an event (for example when the documents reaches a certain step in the workflow) to trigger the upload of the document to the electronic signature provider.

Then my suggestion will also to include in VAF a recurring background task, that will check every now and then, if the document was signed.

If it was signed it should download the signed version into M-Files and transition the document in the Signed State, or if it was voided, to a Voided State.

• For what it's worth, our official integrations for DocuSign and Adobe Sign poll the signing service every 20 minutes to check if any of the documents in the signing process is ready to be downloaded back to M-Files.