This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The script could not be executed because the maximum number of nested scripts was exceeded

Hello guys,

For the context : I would like to know who was the last person who changed a certain property.

For this, I created an Event Handler (AfterSetProperties) where I get my current user and check if the property was changed based on its previous version

Option Explicit

' Get the required properties for this script
Const CLASS_PROPERTY = 100 'Class Property
CONST EMPLOYES = 1420
CONST USER_TEST = 1549
Const DOCUMENT_OBJECTTYPE = 0  ' Document Object Type

Dim PropertyValues : Set PropertyValues = Vault.ObjectPropertyOperations.GetProperties( ObjVer, True )

'If the object is a document and belongs to the "Document test" class
if( ObjVer.Type = DOCUMENT_OBJECTTYPE) and (PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(CLASS_PROPERTY).TypedValue.DisplayValue = "Document test") then

Dim employesDisplayValue : employesDisplayValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(EMPLOYES).TypedValue.DisplayValue

if NOT(employesDisplayValue="" AND ObjVer.Version > 1) then	
		dim previousVersion : previousVersion = (ObjVer.Version - 1)
		Dim newObjVer : set newObjVer = CreateObject("MFilesAPI.ObjVer")
		newObjVer.SetIDs 0, ObjVer.ID, previousVersion

Dim previousProperties : set previousProperties = Vault.ObjectOperations.GetObjectVersionAndProperties(newObjVer).Properties

dim previousEmployes : previousEmployes = previousProperties.SearchForProperty(EMPLOYES).TypedValue.DisplayValue

if NOT(employesDisplayValue=previousEmployes)then

Dim oLookup: Set oLookup = CreateObject("MFilesAPI.Lookup")
			oLookup.Item = currentUserID
			oLookup.ObjectType = 6

Dim propValLoggedUser : Set propValLoggedUser = CreateObject("MFilesAPI.PropertyValue")
			propValLoggedUser.PropertyDef = USER_TEST	
			propValLoggedUser.TypedValue.SetValueToLookup oLookup
			Vault.ObjectPropertyOperations.SetProperty ObjVer, propValLoggedUser
		end if
	end if
End if

When i'm testing the script, I'm getting this error : 

• AfterSetProperties::DocumentTestModifiedBy, 36, The script could not be executed because the maximum number of nested scripts was exceeded. (0x80040969)

I've already checked the execution order : https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/2018/eng/execution_order_of_scripts.html and i'm pretty sure that's the event handler i need to use.

Any help will be very appreciated Slight smile

Thank you very much
Claudio - EVOK - Altern8 SA