This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Push API / webhooks

A customer is asking if M-Files supports Push API and/or Webhooks:

Parents
  • Hi Michael,

Just wondering if what you are looking for, from looking at the screenshot, is the ability for an external system such as Stripe to push data to M-Files via a standard webhook. While it is true that M-Files has event handlers that trigger response to objects changing in M-Files, this is not a webhook.

We have sought to integrate with Stripe, and other solutions, in a similar way. However, I have not found a good solution yet.

One avenue that I have considered is to create a custom webhook server on the M-Files web server that can handle webhooks from external systems and save that data into M-Files.

I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

• Hi Fred,

The customer had this option listed on the RFI document I was filling out. I was unfamiliar with what 'webhooks' was so the screenshot posted was just from something I found. At this point, the customer has not provided details on exactly what they're looking for but this is good info I can use to bounce off them as an example. Thanks so much and I will reply again once I get more details. 

• Hi Fred,

The customer had this option listed on the RFI document I was filling out. I was unfamiliar with what 'webhooks' was so the screenshot posted was just from something I found. At this point, the customer has not provided details on exactly what they're looking for but this is good info I can use to bounce off them as an example. Thanks so much and I will reply again once I get more details. 

Children
No Data