The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Push API / webhooks

A customer is asking if M-Files supports Push API and/or Webhooks:

Parents
  • Hi Michael,

Just wondering if what you are looking for, from looking at the screenshot, is the ability for an external system such as Stripe to push data to M-Files via a standard webhook. While it is true that M-Files has event handlers that trigger response to objects changing in M-Files, this is not a webhook.

We have sought to integrate with Stripe, and other solutions, in a similar way. However, I have not found a good solution yet.

One avenue that I have considered is to create a custom webhook server on the M-Files web server that can handle webhooks from external systems and save that data into M-Files.

I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

• I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

It's interesting that you mention external object connections.  When I am considering the usefulness of web hooks I am normally focused on enabling M-Files to react to events in other systems (e.g. "this document has been signed"), or reacting as part of an external workflow/BPA system.

The context wrt external object connections would be to notify M-Files when a new customer were created, rather than having to wait for the 15m sync, or notifying that a contact were updated, rather than waiting for the daily one?

• I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

It's interesting that you mention external object connections.  When I am considering the usefulness of web hooks I am normally focused on enabling M-Files to react to events in other systems (e.g. "this document has been signed"), or reacting as part of an external workflow/BPA system.

The context wrt external object connections would be to notify M-Files when a new customer were created, rather than having to wait for the 15m sync, or notifying that a contact were updated, rather than waiting for the daily one?

Children