This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Push API / webhooks

A customer is asking if M-Files supports Push API and/or Webhooks:

Parents
  • Hi Michael,

Just wondering if what you are looking for, from looking at the screenshot, is the ability for an external system such as Stripe to push data to M-Files via a standard webhook. While it is true that M-Files has event handlers that trigger response to objects changing in M-Files, this is not a webhook.

We have sought to integrate with Stripe, and other solutions, in a similar way. However, I have not found a good solution yet.

One avenue that I have considered is to create a custom webhook server on the M-Files web server that can handle webhooks from external systems and save that data into M-Files.

I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

• I hope that someday M-Files will support creating webhooks natively for external object connections.

It's interesting that you mention external object connections.  When I am considering the usefulness of web hooks I am normally focused on enabling M-Files to react to events in other systems (e.g. "this document has been signed"), or reacting as part of an external workflow/BPA system.

The context wrt external object connections would be to notify M-Files when a new customer were created, rather than having to wait for the 15m sync, or notifying that a contact were updated, rather than waiting for the daily one?

• Great point. And that is exactly what that screenshot I posted seems to elude to. Instead of waiting for polling intervals, updates from external objects would happen in real-time on transactional changes.

Reply Children
No Data