This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get properties of an existing object in another metadata card

Hi everybody. I need some help please.
I have an object in my metadata card, and I would like to get the properties of this object.
How could I do this?

I will give an example. I have a class called "Invoice". I have some properties in the "invoice" class: number, date, amount and creator.
"Creator" is an object with the name, the ID, and the cell phone of an employee.
How could I please get the creator info in the invoice metadata card?
I hope it's clear enough. Thanks for your help!

Parents
  • Hi GraigHawker. The first option is perfect to me,
    I want to create a log and I don't really need the "live" option.
    I tried it and it works perfectly!
    Thank you so much for your help
  • Hi 

I used for such cases the managed properties (autocalculated properties) of the compliance kit (free configuration accelerators - no paid license needed). 

The disadvantage is the same - no auto recalculation of the property. Only if you change anything on the invoice, this property will recalculate the value automatically. 

Let's say if you change the workflow status of the invoice and in the meantime a creator info has changed, M-Files actualizes the creator info on the invoice metadata card.

• Hi 

I used for such cases the managed properties (autocalculated properties) of the compliance kit (free configuration accelerators - no paid license needed). 

The disadvantage is the same - no auto recalculation of the property. Only if you change anything on the invoice, this property will recalculate the value automatically. 

Let's say if you change the workflow status of the invoice and in the meantime a creator info has changed, M-Files actualizes the creator info on the invoice metadata card.

Children
No Data