This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can we hide the option to create a traditional folder?

Hi all,

I would like disable the option to create a traditional folder for all users. 

Users are automatically created, i don't want to edit every individual useraccount for that.

• You can hide the Create command via Advanced Vault Settings > Client > Desktop > Traditional Folders:

If you want to test this first on a single computer, this is the registry setting that the above AVS option distributes to the clients:

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Client\MFShell\<vault>\TraditionalFolders
    Value name: HideTraditionalFolders
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data: - 0 (default) or other: feature disabled
    - 1: Hide "New Traditional Folder" command in the context and alt menus to prevent the creation of new traditional folders.
    - 2: Hide "New Traditional Folder" command in the menus AND hide existing traditional folders in Browse listing.

• Hi Joonas,

Can this setting safely be used in addition to the GPO setting the client receives on a terminal server?

Regards,

Marcel

• I'm not that familiar with terminal servers and GPO, sorry. Is there a specific reason you couldn't use the Advanced Vault Settings method to distribute the setting? In any case it's a per-user setting (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER) so any method that can distribute such registry settings should work as far as I can tell.

• The customer use GPO to distribute specific vauts to specific users, also with close behavoir etc.

These settings are not in