This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamically filter list of People

Hello guys,

I’ve a requirement to filter People based on the Department, following is the detailed structure:

1. A new class “Courier Request” been added
  2. A new workflow “Courier Request WF” been added and linked to “Courier Request”
  3. A new property “Employee” which is “Choose from List of People” been added to “Courier Request” class
  4. A new property “Employee Department” which is “Choose from List of Departments” been added to “Courier Request” class
  5. A new property “Department Employees” which is “Choose from List of Users (multi-select)” been added to the built-in “Department” class
  6. A new property “Department Secretary” which is “Choose from List of People)” been added to the built-in “Department” class

Now through Metadata Card configuration for “Courier Request” class I was able to populate the “Employee” and “Employee Department” properties using Custom Placeholder based on “Current User“ built-in variable.

The business requirement is to allow only the “Department Secretary” to submit the requests on behalf of anyone employee in her department; therefore, I need to filter the list of the employees according to the current logged in secretary department. also, I need to disable the “Employee” property for employees other than the department secretary.

Hopefully was able to explain the case.

Looking forward,