The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamically filter list of People

Hello guys,

I’ve a requirement to filter People based on the Department, following is the detailed structure:

1. A new class “Courier Request” been added
  2. A new workflow “Courier Request WF” been added and linked to “Courier Request”
  3. A new property “Employee” which is “Choose from List of People” been added to “Courier Request” class
  4. A new property “Employee Department” which is “Choose from List of Departments” been added to “Courier Request” class
  5. A new property “Department Employees” which is “Choose from List of Users (multi-select)” been added to the built-in “Department” class
  6. A new property “Department Secretary” which is “Choose from List of People)” been added to the built-in “Department” class

Now through Metadata Card configuration for “Courier Request” class I was able to populate the “Employee” and “Employee Department” properties using Custom Placeholder based on “Current User“ built-in variable.

The business requirement is to allow only the “Department Secretary” to submit the requests on behalf of anyone employee in her department; therefore, I need to filter the list of the employees according to the current logged in secretary department. also, I need to disable the “Employee” property for employees other than the department secretary.

Hopefully was able to explain the case.

Looking forward,

Parents Reply Children
No Data