The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files Desktop - Save "additional conditions" in advanced search

Hello to all,

I am looking for a way to "save" the additional conditions a user has set in Advanced Search and keep them enabled until the user decides to reset default conditions ? Unfortunately, those additional conditions are always reset to default as soon as the user navigates to another page or view. Some users like using that feature and they don't understand why they have to re-enter the additional conditions they configured every time they run a new search.

I've tried enabling the "Persistent Search Scope" in Vault Advance Setting but it does not seem to have any effect on additional conditions.

@M-Files: is this a feature you're planning to implement on a future release ??

In the meantime, I am looking for workarounds to communicate to those users. I found two, so far. Good ones but not perfect:

- Create a personal view with those filters applied, run the search from that view and enable the "Search in view" facet. It works if users always use the same set of search filters. But it's not convenient if they use a lot of different searches with different set of filters. 

- Use two M-Files windows. One to navigate into M-Files and the other one for searches. As the user never navigates away from the search page, the additional conditions are never reset to default

Any other idease ?

Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards, Nicolas