This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Check in immediately by default on new documents

Hello,

I did not found any response on this topic since 3 or 4 years ago so I would like to ask this again:

Is it possible to make the option "Check in immediately" selected by default when creating a new document ?

Thank you,

Parents
  • The user can change the default in MF Desktop Settings, User-specific Settings, Behavior at file close, select Check in immediately. That should come reasonably close to your wishes and at the same time keep e.g. a new word document open as long as the user has it open on his computer. It may be better to look at Computer-specific Settings, Miscellaneous where you can set the default for different applications. It might be relevant to do immediate check-in when saving from Adobe Acrobat Reader but perhaps not when saving from Excel or Word?
    I am not aware of settings that can be managed directly from Admin.

• The user can change the default in MF Desktop Settings, User-specific Settings, Behavior at file close, select Check in immediately. That should come reasonably close to your wishes and at the same time keep e.g. a new word document open as long as the user has it open on his computer. It may be better to look at Computer-specific Settings, Miscellaneous where you can set the default for different applications. It might be relevant to do immediate check-in when saving from Adobe Acrobat Reader but perhaps not when saving from Excel or Word?
    I am not aware of settings that can be managed directly from Admin.

Children