This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wipe out "This Object" permissions so Automatic Permissions can be correctly applied?

Hi All,

We have been slowing expanding an adopting more automatic permissions for our documents. But I noticed that objects that previously used simplified permissions retain the permissions under the "This Object" layer which is then AND'ed with the Automatic Permissions applied from the object class/properties. The problem is I don't want any of the old simplified document specific permissions to be retained as the whole point is to apply the official security policies to documents. As example, the official policy will give access rights to legal, but older documents may not have this as part of the "This Object" Custom permission settings so when ANDed together the new groups and users don't gain the access they are supposed to.

I am hoping to avoid writing a API tool to strip out these legacy permissions settings. I was hoping some "Change and Activate" or "Reset Permissions to current configuration" type tool could be accessed from the Admin tool for these scenarios. But I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Jason

Parents
  • Hello,

the only answer I can think of is to manually filter out all the documents in M-Files and change their permissions to Extended Permissions at once. Then select the automatic permissions and check the "Active" box in the same settings menu and save it. I think it's deactivated by default when you change permissions back to extended.

I am not sure if this is what you need, but I am just trying to brainstorm ideas here.

Kind regards.
    Dominik

• Hello,

the only answer I can think of is to manually filter out all the documents in M-Files and change their permissions to Extended Permissions at once. Then select the automatic permissions and check the "Active" box in the same settings menu and save it. I think it's deactivated by default when you change permissions back to extended.

I am not sure if this is what you need, but I am just trying to brainstorm ideas here.

Kind regards.
    Dominik

Children
No Data