This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not seeing the metadata of the related document in a MS Word template

Hi,

I've created a MS Word template for the Contracts. The object Contracts is related to an object Offer via property definition Related Order (datatype is a lookup). When I open the Contract template in a MS Word and I want to insert M-Files property definition fields, I can't access the metadata of the related object Order (there is no "+" in front of the property Offer). I can access the metadata of the related Partner or Employee.

I've tried with other property definitions, which are related to a Document OT and it's the same result - there's no "+" sign in front of the property definition in a pop-up window in MD Word (Inser Property Definition).

Any ideas?

Best, Uros

Parents
  • Generally, the properties needed in such templates need to be added to the Class in order to be available for selection i Word. If "Related Order" is listed as property in the relevant document Class then you should also be able to select or to expand the property in order to select indirect properties via the Related Order.

• Generally, the properties needed in such templates need to be added to the Class in order to be available for selection i Word. If "Related Order" is listed as property in the relevant document Class then you should also be able to select or to expand the property in order to select indirect properties via the Related Order.

Children