This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to filter based on class?

Hello,

Is there a way to filter the available options from a choose from list property based on the class of the objects?

My use case is that I would like to use an object type for marking down the categories of the document. However, I would like it so the user only sees some of the "Document Category" type objects when opening the property based on the class of the document.

Thanks,

Andrei

Parents
  • Actually yes, and it's a time-consuming endeavor, but thorough planning will get you there. 

We have 50 Classes, and we are in the process of streamlining so when a Class is selected, the subsequent property, Class Type, is a filtered Value list based on the selected Class. 

So if your class is Agreement, then Class Type only displays Agreement Types. 

In the Admin side, we have linked (using Owner) the property of Class Type to Classes. Then when we click the hidden value list for Classes, we have the associated Class Type. 

I'll include a screen capture, and hopefully this is encouraging. 

• Actually yes, and it's a time-consuming endeavor, but thorough planning will get you there. 

We have 50 Classes, and we are in the process of streamlining so when a Class is selected, the subsequent property, Class Type, is a filtered Value list based on the selected Class. 

So if your class is Agreement, then Class Type only displays Agreement Types. 

In the Admin side, we have linked (using Owner) the property of Class Type to Classes. Then when we click the hidden value list for Classes, we have the associated Class Type. 

I'll include a screen capture, and hopefully this is encouraging. 

Children
No Data