This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Showing properties of related objects in view

Hi all,

I have 2 object types:

• Customer
  • Contact Person

On the customer there is single select drop down to specify the main contact person.

I try to create a view that returns the E-Mail addresses of all main contact persons.
Since in a view I cannot use properties from related objects, I am not sure how to create such a view.
I could save the E-Mail address of the main contact person on the customer object, but if I change the mail address on the contact person, the customer object wouldn't get updated. So this isn't a solution.

What is the correct solution to implement this? I would assume this is quite a common use case..

Thanks for help,

Beat

Parents
  • Compliance Kit, Managed Properties can help you keep the email property updated on the customer object.

• but with compliance kit, the field is only updated if I save both objects, right? 

Usually you change only one object (e.g. e-mail address on contact person) and the field on the customer object is not refreshed. Or do you know a trick with CK to update both objects if one changes?

.. I understand that with VB or some VAF code this can be implemented, but I was wondering whether there is a more straight-forward and "maintainable" way. Somewhat a best practise approach on this problem.

• but with compliance kit, the field is only updated if I save both objects, right? 

Usually you change only one object (e.g. e-mail address on contact person) and the field on the customer object is not refreshed. Or do you know a trick with CK to update both objects if one changes?

.. I understand that with VB or some VAF code this can be implemented, but I was wondering whether there is a more straight-forward and "maintainable" way. Somewhat a best practise approach on this problem.

Children