This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Importing documents from Network Folder Conector to M-Files

Hello everyone,

We have an external connection in M-Files through the Network Folder Connector, we have added a class and metadata on these documents, now we would like to store these documents directly in M-Files and no more in the Network Folder Connector.

Is it possible to do this directly with M-Files Smart Migration, because I understand that with this application I can only class and add metadata to the documents, and I have already done this step, now I want to store and manage these documents directly in my storage.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, 

Dariam 

Parents
  • Yes, Smart Migration should help you with importing the files into the vault. In the Smart Migration configuration you can define for instance if you want to migrate only managed objects (i.e. documents you have already defined a class for) or all files in the connected repository (if there are also unmanaged objects there). Smart Migration will need to classify unmanaged objects during the migration so you can define a default class in the configuration and use Smart Classifier if you also have that intelligence service enabled, but if you have already classified all the documents earlier then this is not needed.

You can find further information on the migration options in the Smart Migration documentation:

• Yes, Smart Migration should help you with importing the files into the vault. In the Smart Migration configuration you can define for instance if you want to migrate only managed objects (i.e. documents you have already defined a class for) or all files in the connected repository (if there are also unmanaged objects there). Smart Migration will need to classify unmanaged objects during the migration so you can define a default class in the configuration and use Smart Classifier if you also have that intelligence service enabled, but if you have already classified all the documents earlier then this is not needed.

You can find further information on the migration options in the Smart Migration documentation:

Children