This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Template Issues : Unable to Locate Property Field

Dear Forum, 

Looking for some help with templates, here is the situation:

- Doc. Class set up called "Letters"

- The class contains a property field which provides a value list with several letter types (these are also templates)

- A metadata card config further defines and displays selected properties based on the "letter type" chosen.

I have then attempted to connect the M-Files properties into the template itself. I was able to connect all property fields except for one which was not visible to select.

After creating a test document, I was able to find and connect the missing property field. The behavior here seems odd and inconsistent.

Have any of you experienced this when creating a template? Is this a known bug, or a problem caused by not following a particular process when setting up?! 

• It appears that the system only offers those properties that are actually available on the document when creating the template. One way around it could be to add the "conditional" properties to the document before you open it for editing. Another way could be to add the properties to the Class temporarily while you create the templates and then remove them from the class afterwards and rely on your metadata card configuration to add them when needed for special letter types. I believe the behavior is consistent although not always helpful...!

• Thanks  strangely enough there were multiple other property fields that could be found and this property field was also included on the metadata card. I tested a few times and found a different work around, (1) go ahead and create a new document from the template and insert the missing property manually, but I couldn't get the property field in the original template. 15 min later and after I logged of and on again the property field was visible for addition to the template itself, I just couldn't quite figure out why that occurred.