This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

breaking changes on update to nuget package 2.2.0.9

Hello,

I have a VAF application which has the following :
[list type=decimal]
  • Event Handlers

• Auto calculated properties

• Workflow state conditions

[/list]

I recently tried to update the nuget package of MFiles.VAF from 2.1.0.15 to 2.2.0.9 and it stopped working.
I get an error on calculation of auto calculated properties :

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'extension.GetPropertyCustomValue(...).Value'

Is there any other changes I need to make to upgrade to the latest version ?

I have checked the documentation :
developer.m-files.com/.../

I have updated the appdef.xml as follows :

type="server-application"
xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="">www.m-files.com/.../appdef-server-v3.xsd">
false

but that doesn't help me much as we are not using Configuration.

Note:
We do not use MFiles.VAF.Extensions
We have written our own extensions.

Thanks,
Shoeb

Parents
  • Hi there,

We have similar issue. We have new app developed with 2.2 and couple of old apps developed with 2.1. We have common functionality so we wanted to upgrade all applications. We broke old apps with exact error you describe.

When we try to go back to 2.1 with new app, that new app is not working with older version of framework. So we are kind of stuck, we have new app with 2.2 and works only with 2.2 and other apps work only with 2.1. Very strange.

It is not really clear why this happens, APIs did not change, only there is new support for multi-server mode which we don't use currently.
  • Hi there,

We have similar issue. We have new app developed with 2.2 and couple of old apps developed with 2.1. We have common functionality so we wanted to upgrade all applications. We broke old apps with exact error you describe.

When we try to go back to 2.1 with new app, that new app is not working with older version of framework. So we are kind of stuck, we have new app with 2.2 and works only with 2.2 and other apps work only with 2.1. Very strange.

It is not really clear why this happens, APIs did not change, only there is new support for multi-server mode which we don't use currently.
Children
No Data