This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

breaking changes on update to nuget package 2.2.0.9

Hello,

I have a VAF application which has the following :
[list type=decimal]
  • Event Handlers

• Auto calculated properties

• Workflow state conditions

[/list]

I recently tried to update the nuget package of MFiles.VAF from 2.1.0.15 to 2.2.0.9 and it stopped working.
I get an error on calculation of auto calculated properties :

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'extension.GetPropertyCustomValue(...).Value'

Is there any other changes I need to make to upgrade to the latest version ?

I have checked the documentation :
developer.m-files.com/.../

I have updated the appdef.xml as follows :

type="server-application"
xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="">www.m-files.com/.../appdef-server-v3.xsd">
false

but that doesn't help me much as we are not using Configuration.

Note:
We do not use MFiles.VAF.Extensions
We have written our own extensions.

Thanks,
Shoeb

Parents
  • Hi,

So, this is possibly a bug. I will check. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The embed interop types feature does have an effect on a couple of items, from recollection, and I believed that the correct value used to be False. I wasn't made aware that this had changed, so I want to make sure that this isn't some sort of regression.

I wanted to touch on your last point about .NET versions, though.

We strive to make M-Files run on as many servers as we can and, until recently, the minimum required .NET version mandated by M-Files was 4.5. However, recently some services were updated and now 4.7.2 is now needed (as detailed here: www.m-files.com/.../System_requirements.html).

Alongside this there has been a push to also update the VAF to target the 4.7.2 runtime. This work is blocked by a couple of other things but, when it happens, it'll also bring with it a couple of new goodies. I won't publicly estimate timeframes.

In the interim, as the later 4.x framework runtimes are backwards compatible with 4.5 binaries, if you can guarantee that a later framework version exists in all the environments you use, then you can simply update your application to something later and reference the current VAF build from here. I am aware of a number of partners who have done so.

Regards,

Craig.
  • Hi,

So, this is possibly a bug. I will check. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The embed interop types feature does have an effect on a couple of items, from recollection, and I believed that the correct value used to be False. I wasn't made aware that this had changed, so I want to make sure that this isn't some sort of regression.

I wanted to touch on your last point about .NET versions, though.

We strive to make M-Files run on as many servers as we can and, until recently, the minimum required .NET version mandated by M-Files was 4.5. However, recently some services were updated and now 4.7.2 is now needed (as detailed here: www.m-files.com/.../System_requirements.html).

Alongside this there has been a push to also update the VAF to target the 4.7.2 runtime. This work is blocked by a couple of other things but, when it happens, it'll also bring with it a couple of new goodies. I won't publicly estimate timeframes.

In the interim, as the later 4.x framework runtimes are backwards compatible with 4.5 binaries, if you can guarantee that a later framework version exists in all the environments you use, then you can simply update your application to something later and reference the current VAF build from here. I am aware of a number of partners who have done so.

Regards,

Craig.
Children
No Data