This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

breaking changes on update to nuget package 2.2.0.9

Hello,

I have a VAF application which has the following :
[list type=decimal]
  • Event Handlers

• Auto calculated properties

• Workflow state conditions

[/list]

I recently tried to update the nuget package of MFiles.VAF from 2.1.0.15 to 2.2.0.9 and it stopped working.
I get an error on calculation of auto calculated properties :

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'extension.GetPropertyCustomValue(...).Value'

Is there any other changes I need to make to upgrade to the latest version ?

I have checked the documentation :
developer.m-files.com/.../

I have updated the appdef.xml as follows :

type="server-application"
xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="">www.m-files.com/.../appdef-server-v3.xsd">
false

but that doesn't help me much as we are not using Configuration.

Note:
We do not use MFiles.VAF.Extensions
We have written our own extensions.

Thanks,
Shoeb

Parents
  • Back to the original problem: this seems to be an issue in that an automatically-calculated property script isn't working correctly. The specific error you're seeing is because the VBScript proxy is trying to get the value from a VAF application, but it is failing.

I can see a couple of potential issues:

• There was an issue on startup/installation of your application. Remove it, check the VBScript proxies were removed properly, then reinstall. Check the Windows Event Log to see if there are any errors recorded.

• There was an issue with something that your script returned. Attach a debugger and see whether your VAF code is actually called, runs successfully, and returns a valid type; if so then it could well be the Embed Interop Types flag.

Regards,

Craig.
  • Back to the original problem: this seems to be an issue in that an automatically-calculated property script isn't working correctly. The specific error you're seeing is because the VBScript proxy is trying to get the value from a VAF application, but it is failing.

I can see a couple of potential issues:

• There was an issue on startup/installation of your application. Remove it, check the VBScript proxies were removed properly, then reinstall. Check the Windows Event Log to see if there are any errors recorded.

• There was an issue with something that your script returned. Attach a debugger and see whether your VAF code is actually called, runs successfully, and returns a valid type; if so then it could well be the Embed Interop Types flag.

Regards,

Craig.
Children
No Data