This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic Comment pop-up window state change suppression

Just throwing this out there, is there any option to suppress the comment dialogue box when a user changes state?

I know that the comment box is automatic, and I personally don't mind clicking okay and not entering a comment with a state change, but I do have some colleagues who are currently processing 15,000 applications through M-Files in the next 3 months, so they're finding the extra click tedious.

I'm not aware of a way to suppress comments on a state change within a specific workflow?

Parents
  • You can configure the comment popup behavior with the following registry setting on the client computer. This will affect all workflows in all vaults on that computer.

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Client\MFShell\<vault>
    Value name: ShowChangeStateUI
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data:
    0 = disabled (comment dialog never shown)
    1 = enabled everywhere (common dialog always shown) (DEFAULT)
    2 = the traditional/legacy way (dialog shown when performing state transition from task pane, not from metadata card)
    3 = opposite of 2 (dialog shown when performing state transition from metadata card, not from task pane)

• You can configure the comment popup behavior with the following registry setting on the client computer. This will affect all workflows in all vaults on that computer.

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Client\MFShell\<vault>
    Value name: ShowChangeStateUI
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data:
    0 = disabled (comment dialog never shown)
    1 = enabled everywhere (common dialog always shown) (DEFAULT)
    2 = the traditional/legacy way (dialog shown when performing state transition from task pane, not from metadata card)
    3 = opposite of 2 (dialog shown when performing state transition from metadata card, not from task pane)

Children
No Data