This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic Comment pop-up window state change suppression

Just throwing this out there, is there any option to suppress the comment dialogue box when a user changes state?

I know that the comment box is automatic, and I personally don't mind clicking okay and not entering a comment with a state change, but I do have some colleagues who are currently processing 15,000 applications through M-Files in the next 3 months, so they're finding the extra click tedious.

I'm not aware of a way to suppress comments on a state change within a specific workflow?

Parents
  • Does the solution below still apply to the current version of M-Files? 

I'm afraid I'm enrolling 8000 documents into a new workflow, and each time I enroll a group of documents, I'm getting two confirmation messages when changing the state from the metadata card. 

I tried to employ the same solution, but I'm uncertain as I don't see the "ShowChangeStateUI" - is it no longer an option, or can I now adjust one of the other settings? Like the TaskPaneCustomGroupStates 

Thank you in advance!

• It seems the registry key didn't fully survive the migration to new Community, I now edited the message above to fix it. The setting should still work, if ShowChangeStateUI doesn't exist in your registry just create it in the correct location. (M-Files uses the default behavior if no value is explicitly set in the registry.)

If all your users need to get this setting, you can also distribute it centrally from Advanced Vault Settings in recent M-Files versions:

• It seems the registry key didn't fully survive the migration to new Community, I now edited the message above to fix it. The setting should still work, if ShowChangeStateUI doesn't exist in your registry just create it in the correct location. (M-Files uses the default behavior if no value is explicitly set in the registry.)

If all your users need to get this setting, you can also distribute it centrally from Advanced Vault Settings in recent M-Files versions:

Children
  • I was a little worried about creating an entry because it wasn't there in registry, but it did work! Set back to value 2. 

This helps me when I need to update documents as M-Files Admin User. 

Though I'm starting to learn the importer tool, so hopefully my days of manually retagging might soon be behind me for this purpose!