The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

M-Files Mobile Ending Support for iOS Versions 11,12,13, Android Versions 7, 8

M-Files Mobile Ending Support for iOS Versions 11,12,13, Android Versions 7, 8

Beginning with the M-Files Mobile December (Q4) 2023 release, M-Files will no longer support use of the M-Files Mobile App in iOS versions 11,12 and 13, and Android versions 7 (Nougat) and 8 (Oreo).

Users currently running M-Files Mobile on iOS or Android devices running these versions, or earlier will need to upgrade their mobile operating systems to continue receiving M-Files app updates. 

• Why?

Currently, Google is providing support and security fixes for Android versions 10, and newer. To improve security and best support the development application, we cannot continue supporting older versions. For iOS the number of users for older iOS versions is quite low, and many of our new features are already designed with iOS 14 in mind. The change is made to have the best possible experience for our users and make most of our development and testing resources.

• Does this affect me?

If you are currently using M-Files Mobile on versions mentioned, or earlier, this affects you.

• What actions do I need to take?

Android: Upgrade your device to Android version 9 (Pie) or later. The latest version of M-Files for Android can be downloaded from the Play Store.

iOS: Upgrade your device iOS version 14 or later. The latest version of M-Files for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store.

• What if I cannot update my Android or iOS?

M-Files will not disable your M-Files application or prevent it from working, but it is strongly advised that you always use the latest version, as technical support will only be available for applications running on supported versions of iOS and Android.

If you have any questions, please contact support or comment on this post. We are here for you.