The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deny changes to document but not to metadata

Hello!

Is there a way to dey changes to the document (file) and to permitt to change the metadata fields?

Regards

Willi

Parents
  • If anything, I would also love to see that "Edit" permissions could be distinguished between File and Metadata edits. When reviewing or approving a document, it would be ideal if certain users could still add specific metadata to the object while not being able to edit the file contents.

A use case could also be if a file has been published externally temporarily. In this case you would rarely like to have internal changes in M-Files to the file, while metadata changes could be permitted.

If I recall correctly, the co-authoring checkout to onedrive that M-Files provides has a special checkout state that allows metadata changes and not internal file edit?

• If anything, I would also love to see that "Edit" permissions could be distinguished between File and Metadata edits. When reviewing or approving a document, it would be ideal if certain users could still add specific metadata to the object while not being able to edit the file contents.

A use case could also be if a file has been published externally temporarily. In this case you would rarely like to have internal changes in M-Files to the file, while metadata changes could be permitted.

If I recall correctly, the co-authoring checkout to onedrive that M-Files provides has a special checkout state that allows metadata changes and not internal file edit?

Children
No Data