This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Metadata-driven permissions (4th metadata)

Hi community and M-Files,

We have a use case to show working assignment for all users involved into workflow. I am setting read access for users following pattern "Document.*".

I have found out today that some power users that we reference through following setup: "Document.<Reference metadata>.<other reference>.Employee id". As we never touch that default configuration (3 level indirect metadata), this is actually not possible.

I see 2 options:

• To adapt configuration to enable 4th level indirect metadata for metadata navigation
  • Or to create some auto-calculated metadata which I need to hide and control when to re-calculate

I am in temptation just to re-configure one level deeper for metadata permissions (can someone actually share that registry config?).

I am somehow concerned how this could influence performance of my vault. I read somewhere that this is not really recommended.

What is your experience when enabling one additional metadata level? Does performance degrade significantly?

Best regards,

Dejan