This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Power BI - On Premise Gateway and M-Files

I have a .pbix/.xml file on my M-Files... let's say the location of the file is "M:\MyVault\Sources\project.pbix". I installed the on premise gateway (power bi) on my laptop - which is very easy and straight forward. If I move my pbix/.xml file anywhere on my local hard drive ex. C drive or D drive - the on premise gateway works without any issues - but every time when I try to set the M-Files path location the gateway responds with an error that the path doesn't exist. Does anyone tried the on premise gateway connected to M-Files? I also noticed that the On Premise Gateway has a feature called "VirtualMFilesGateway" but I cannot find any documentation on it... Could someone please help me  or point me in the right direction? Is this even possible to connect a file from M-Files to the Power BI on premises data gateway?

• I'm not familiar with the Premise Gateway. So you are using PowerBI and saving the report itself into M-Files? Or you are trying to use M-Files to pull the source data.

I can pull data into PowerBI fine using 'Get Data'.

Also where did you find the VirtualMFilesGateway? That's also not something I'm familiar with nor can I find a reference to.