This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

View - Group by - total documents by group

In views, you can group by. Is there any way at the group by level that the number of documents associated to that group by can be displayed?

Example: By Location

Cincinnati - 12

Dallas - 5

Chicago - 7

If so, how?

• Unfortunately there is no built-in way to do this, Patti.

• The only way I can think of doing this would take a few steps and be specific to the group by being configured.  In the case of location, you would configure a managed relationship that would maintain a list of all the documents referencing that location. You would then need an automatic property displaying the count of the number of documents in the managed list.  Once the count field is available on the property you would set the name of the location to be ' [Location] - [DocCountProp] '.  If this is something that needs to be applied across multiple different fields I probably wouldn't recommend this approach, it could be implemented on a case by case basis, though probably not the cleanest solution to be honest, I certainly wouldn't recommend this approach for scenarios with high document counts...