The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Sync M-Files Web with M-Files Desktop

I have several documents in the M-FIles Desktop.

When I open the web client using the same view, I do not see all of them.  I have more documents in the desktop than web client using the same saved view.

Is there a way to sync the two.  Or do these need to be synced once in a while?

• Are you using the same user account when accessing the vault through M-Files Desktop vs the web client? How many Documents are we talking about? I might recommend reaching out to support@m-files.com for this type of inquiry, assuming the user account is the same there should be no difference in the content you see with very few exceptions.

• Assuming the user is the same, the only thing I can think of is that there are documents listed in the desktop client that have never been checked into the vault.  These would only be visible on the machine that created them, at least until v1 is checked in.

• Thank you for your responses.  There were three documents not showing up, which were the three I created and  worked on that day, and all were checked in after editing.   I logged off and logged back on to M-Files desktop and it worked.