The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IML Connected Network Folder files Last Mod Date

Hello,

When I simply check out a document that is from a network folder (using IML) the modified date of that document changes even though I have not changed anything on the file.

How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

Moises Figueroa

Parents
  • You can undo your checkout if you decide not to change anything. If you do not intend to change anything and thereby create a new version then you should open the document in Read Only mode. The logic is that you only check out the document in order to change it, therefor it automatically creates a new version and sets a new modified date. It does not matter whether you change the content of the document or only the metadata. In both cases it will create a new version and a new modified date.

• You can undo your checkout if you decide not to change anything. If you do not intend to change anything and thereby create a new version then you should open the document in Read Only mode. The logic is that you only check out the document in order to change it, therefor it automatically creates a new version and sets a new modified date. It does not matter whether you change the content of the document or only the metadata. In both cases it will create a new version and a new modified date.

Children
No Data