This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Difference between M-Files 2018 and M-Files Online

Deal All

I am a bit confused regarding the M-Files versions. Currently we are using M-Files 2018 - 20.10.9524.7 and we would like to move to a subscription based license type. Do we need to upgrade our M-Files as well? My vendor is suggesting that we move to M-Files Online. What is the difference between M-Files 2018 and M-Files Online and do I really need to upgrade if I am changing my license type from perpetual to subscription .

Thank you

Parents Reply Children
  • Dear Joonas

We have two servers, one server is running M-Files 2015. My vendor is saying its not a simple upgrade and we need to install patches to move from one version to another. I am buying licenses from him but he is charging me $2000 to upgrade from M-Files 2015 and 2018 to M-Files Online. If its a simple upgrade then may be I can do it. Any suggestions.

Thank you

• Even though the upgrade steps themselves are straightforward I would still recommend getting assistance from someone who has done such upgrades before as there may be details specific to your environment that need to be taken into account.

In any case it's always a good idea to take backups before attempting such an upgrade for the small chance that something goes wrong.