This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hide non custom Task Pane group

Can we hide certain task pane groups like view and edit?

Parents
  • I'm not aware of customizing the Task Pane. 

I have been training my users that they can customize the Task Pane to have short cuts to Views if they'd like. The View and Edit sections are helpful when a document is selected so you're aware of what you're able to do with it, such as moving it along in the workflow. 

If user doesn't like having the task pane open, they can always tuck the drawer away by clicking the small tab half-way down the page. 

I have a theory though that eventually the Desktop client of M-Files will radically change to mimic its new web client counterpart - so my theory is eventually the task pane won't be a thing - but certainly don't promise this to users as an immediate solution. 

I'd be curious to know why you want to hide aspects of the Task Pane? Is it training related or something else?

• Hi ssential,

I'm only trying to hide things I don't need to minimize overstimulation. I'm using a customizable taskbar (Nexus Ultimate) where I have some standard functions (like convert to pdf or checkin/-out) linked so I don't nee every task pane group.. I'm using task pane only for custom buttons (object creator & custom programmed buttons) and changing states.. Also I'm working on a simple class search tool also shown on the screenshot.. Maybe I'm making a small video of my "M-Files Experience" some day cause I'm using a different approach here and there.. Sadly I'm more like a hobby programmer so things take time and there are a lot of ideas which I cannot realise myself..

• Hi ssential,

I'm only trying to hide things I don't need to minimize overstimulation. I'm using a customizable taskbar (Nexus Ultimate) where I have some standard functions (like convert to pdf or checkin/-out) linked so I don't nee every task pane group.. I'm using task pane only for custom buttons (object creator & custom programmed buttons) and changing states.. Also I'm working on a simple class search tool also shown on the screenshot.. Maybe I'm making a small video of my "M-Files Experience" some day cause I'm using a different approach here and there.. Sadly I'm more like a hobby programmer so things take time and there are a lot of ideas which I cannot realise myself..

Children
No Data