This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

File Size Restriction

I'm working with a customer that has the requirement to restrict the size of the documents added to M-Files Online (cloud).

I've looked through the forum and it seems this is possible via scripting (https://community.m-files.com/forums-1552881334/f/m-files-api/4629/restrict-files-size-limit-to-avoid-users-add-large-files) but is there another option?

• There isn't a built-in configuration option for file size limit at the moment, we have recorded an improvement request (ID 148627) to add such an option. If you can let me know the customer's name in a private message, I can add them as a requestor for this feature.

One option that might help with this is to create a view which lists all files larger than X megabytes so that they can be easily found and dealt with. User training/instructions might also help here, for instance some guidance like "M-Files is not meant as a repository for large files, use XYZ instead to store files larger than N megabytes". Of course those might not be enough if this is a hard requirement for the customer but just mentioning alternative ways on how you could approach the problem.