The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Attach a file to a view

Is there a way to attach a file (txt or html) to a view like we can with a report? I would like to have instructions displayed when a user selects a view and cant see any way to do this.

I tried to make a report that points to a non SSRS page but it will nto open.

Thanks

Parents
  • There isn't a direct way to do this with configuration as far as I know. A couple of options that come to mind:

• Thanks Joonas,

First option is no good. The data needs to be visible without opening anything else up. I already said they can just have a document with the instructions and then just use the preview tab, too hard apparanty.. (I have very precious users..)

Second option looks interesting. I will have a look at it.

Out of curiosity, why can’t anything but a SSRS url be used in the report? Is it something I am doing or is there a internal check. I envision a time when I am going to need to move all the SSRS reports to powerBI..

• Thanks Joonas,

First option is no good. The data needs to be visible without opening anything else up. I already said they can just have a document with the instructions and then just use the preview tab, too hard apparanty.. (I have very precious users..)

Second option looks interesting. I will have a look at it.

Out of curiosity, why can’t anything but a SSRS url be used in the report? Is it something I am doing or is there a internal check. I envision a time when I am going to need to move all the SSRS reports to powerBI..

Children