This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Desktop UI Full Release Q&A

Please use this thread to ask any questions regarding the full release coming this November. 

Parents
  • I know this is something that had been discussed quite a bit, however you can not drag and drop into the pinned section or version documents in the pinned tab any longer with the new UI. Do we have a timeline in which these features will be made available again? We have had several customers disappointed to loose functionality related to this.

• Hello ! Still looking for an answer on this, as I we have some anxious customers awaiting reply. 

• Hello Jasmine, sorry to keep you waiting for my reply. We are currently implementing a functionality to allow user to drag&drop an item on top of the pinned tab, which will pin the item. The functionality will be released most probably in the official March release.

By versioning documents, do you mean that the users would want to access object History dialog from the Pinned tab? We are currently working on an improvement that will add a History icon on the Metadata card ribbon, which will then allow users to access History from the Pinned tab, as well. The functionality will also be released most probably in the official March release.

A little bit further down the road, we are also planning to add a normal context menu for the Pinned items, along with the possibility to see the items in a list mode in the Pinned tab. These plans can still change, though, and I can't confirm the time-frame (but my estimate is Q2-Q3).

• Hello, a 'centralised' pinned items would be very useful too.

Whilst users could still individually pin their own items, there should be a section at the top of the pinned tab that is centrally managed. This would allow the Manager/Admin of the system to be able set a uniform set of pinned items.

• Hi

Thank you for your response. In terms of versioning I mean if a document is pinned users used to be able to drag and drop an item from outside of M-Files onto the pinned document to version that document. With the new UI users are no longer able to use this functionality and it is really missed.

Thanks!

Reply Children
No Data