The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

Explorer.exe freezes when drag&dropping a document directly from m-files to network folder

Hello,

2 weeks ago a user reported that their computer freezes completely when drag&dropping a document from m-files directly to a network folder. Funny thing is, it works perfectly fine when dragging a file to the desktop first, and then to the network folder. In this case it does not freeze, otherwise a computer restart is needed (cannot restart explorer at all).

We tried almost everything, reinstalled m-files, office programs, pdf programs, ran windows updates, dock updates... (one user reported that after we updated things it was working for half a day but then it started freezing again). 

Have any of you faced anything like this before? Our client version is 22.10.11903.5 (not the latest), but this shouldn't be the cause since it was working perfectly fine until now. And this is not happening to everyone(it works fine on my computer for example, i do the same action as other users and they freeze but I don't). Also, they are not all using the same computers. For example, I am using the same model laptop as one of the users that freezes, and some others have a PC,...

Thanks,

Žan